All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file. Octory adheres to Semantic Versioning.
Released on November 23, 2023
Imagecomponent bleeding into other components.
Released on October 3, 2023
- Fix a bug introduced by 2.4.0 for MDM predifined API call.
Released on August 16, 2023
- New key
AlwaysOnTopwhich allows you to keep Octory's window in the foreground. See Window.
- New trigger
Every(seconds)to run an actions every X seconds while Octory is open. See Triggers. PRO
- New key
TextFontConfigurationfor a Text component. URL will automatically appear in systemBlue and will open with default browser. See Font.
- Fix macOS 14 (Sonoma) license handling. Pro customers will also have to update their license. PRO
DisplayNotificationwhich is now working when no actions are defined with the notification.
- Fix App monitor state variable name to handle a period (.) in application name.
- Fix API call to handle an Octory variable in the API endpoint.
- Fix package with agent when deployed in Pre-stage.
Released on April 12, 2023
Octory 2.3.0 with agent package is only compatible with macOS 13 and above.
- Simplify app’s helper executables and support new authorization controls using new App Service Management. Octory's Helper, LaunchAgent and LaunchDaemon now live inside the app bundle.
- New arguments are available from the binary to launch Octory's Helper and LaunchAgent. You can now use
--args [--agent|-a] [register|unregister|status]and
--args [--helper|-h] [register|unregister|status]
Released on April 4, 2023
- Fix random secCode error when the Helper is trying to establish a connection with Octory app.
OnScreenis BlurredBackground or FullScren.
- Fix resolution for
OnScreenFullScren on MacBook Pro 14".
Released on January 10, 2023
- Fix UI when when
Released on December 19, 2022
ExecuteJamfPolicyactions with Termination trigger, Octory now presents a popup to the user while running the last actions in the back. The text can be changed using an optional
PendingActionsLoadingQuitTextkey in the Navigation category.
PROCESSOR_TYPEto know if your Mac runs on Intel or Apple Silicon. See Variables.
- Fix icon in mandatory apps popup when
IsMovablebehaviour when the window is in BlurredBackground mode.
Released on October 25, 2022
- MDM API bug introduced by non-MDM API calls in 2.2.2 is corrected.
- Text component used with a condition in Ventura.
Released on September 22, 2022
- Compatibility for macOS Ventura.
- Four new battery related placeholders. See Variables.
AppIconPathkey added to change Octory's icon. See Configuration File > Window. PRO
- Update Octo-Notifier version display.
- Non-MDM API calls now work as intended.
Released on July 21, 2022
- A variable can now be used for Text and SecureText input placeholder.
- Jamf Classic API is now using bearer token authentication following deprecation of Basic Authentication.
- HidePreviousButton and HideNextButton settings on last slide.
- Previous button when Quit button is clicked before mandatory apps are installed.
- Web component now pause when user move to the next slide.
- Jamf Pro API bearer token authentication.
- Helper version is now properly displayed in Get Info menu.
- Removal of the Octory Helper popup when Helper is not installed.
- Update command to load and unload Launch Agent and Launch Daemon.
Released on March 1, 2022
- New SecureText input component, allowing user to input hidden password & confirm it. Also allows you to ask for password to match a specific regex
- Fixed HidePreviousButton and HideNextButton settings
- Fixed file monitor, now generated variables are replacing "." with "_" (eg. for test.txt it is now IS_TEST_TXT_FILE_PRESENT instead of IS_TEST.TXT_FILE_PRESENT )
- Fixed AirWatch app monitor regexes
- Fixed Jamf app monitor regexes
- Fixed Octory-Notifier to make it a universal app (Apple Silicon & Intel)
- Fixed DEVICE_NAME variable that previously returned device model instead of friendly name
- Fixed BlurredBackground mode for new macOS versions
Released on September 16, 2021
- Added WaitForTerminationScriptExecution to wait for app termination script execution and include output in app logs (cf. wiki).
- Fixed CompleteInstallationScriptPath and IncompleteInstallationScriptPath not always run before application exited.
Released on August 31, 2021
- Added new app icon following new UI guidelines.
- Added some logging so that it is easier for you to debug your configuration files.
- Added new packaging providing notarized installer for Octory, Helper (& weak) and Notifier.
- Fixed the AppTermination ActionSets that were not properly run before app being stopped.
- Fixed first action ran twice when using Chained actions.
Released on June 1, 2021
- Added the MandatoryFilesMissingQuitText property for mandatory files monitoring.
- Fixed the IsMandatory property not working for File monitoring.
- Fixed the SendRequest action that wasn't properly read from configuration file in some cases.
Released on May 3, 2021
- Fixed the Variable key registering in the configuration.
- NextButtonClick trigger was targeting PreviousButtonClick trigger.
Released on May 3, 2021
Actions and Triggers
- Action: open a slide in another window. See OpenWindow. PRO
- Action: navigate to a specific slide. See NavigateToSlide. PRO
- Action: display a local notification to the user. See DisplayNotification. PRO
- Action: update a variable. See UpdateVariable. PRO
- Trigger: trigger an action set when another app is launched. See Triggers. PRO
- Trigger: trigger an action set programmatically with:
- ButtonComponent "Trigger" key
- DisplayNotification actions "Trigger" keys See Triggers. PRO
- Sidebar a container on the right. See SideContainer. PRO
- Specify width ratios to arrange containers. See Containers.
- New monitors count placeholders (useful to indicate the remaining monitors to install). See Placeholders.
- New Installer possible value: "Managed" to specify that a monitor installation state will be updated by octo-notifier only. See App Monitor.
- Optionally display a vertical scroller for the AppMonitorComponent. See AppMonitorComponent.
- Mark an AppMonitor as "Not mandatory" to allow the app termination if the monitor is not installed. See application monitoring.
- The icons to indicate the installation state of a monitor have been updated with SF Symbols (require macOS 11+). A spinner will be displayed when the monitor state is "Installing" (available on all supported macOS versions).
- Disable the application relaunch at login behavior when the system was turned off or restarted and the app was running. See App termination.
- The command-line tool config has been improved to be more precise in the error messages and to better evaluate the configuration files.
- A new command-line tool octo-notifier is available to send monitors installation updates to Octory or to send custom trigger events.
- Changed AppMonitoringComponent look.
- The "Previous" button was reappearing on the last slide after an incomplete installation alert was displayed although it was specified to hide it.
- The monitors specifying a condition in the Conditions section were not updated when a variable involved in the specified conditions was updated.
Released on March 5, 2021
- PDF component. See Interface composition.
- Video component. See Interface composition.
- Copy to clipboard action. See Actions. PRO
- Terminate app action. See Actions. PRO
- The application will check that a configuration file has the correct permissions before using it. See Security.
- The Helper has received a security update and its current version is now 1.1.0. This version is required to work with Octory 2.0.6. Also, the Helper is now a Universal Binary. See Security.
- The application now uses a new internal library to decode a configuration file. The config checker is built on top of it to validate a configuartion file similarly as the logs of th app in /tmp.
- The SaveInputs and Log action have been marked as PRO features to improve coherence. Now all Actions are PRO features.
- The device placeholders have been fixed for Silicon Macs.
Released on November 12, 2020
- 2020-12-16 update: Universal build for ARM and Intel
- Big Sur compatibility and graphics
- Slide valid state was not updated on a variable update
- The CURRENT_SLIDE_INDEX variable was not set at 0 before evaluating conditions
- The monitors conditions were not properly updated
Released on August 31, 2020
- The Jamf policy execution now works properly by using sudo
- Action sets were triggered by an unwanted event
- Multi-threads crashes fixed
- The key Window→IsMovable now only affects the window title bar. Thus, the window is no more draggable using its background.
Released on July 29, 2020
- Shortcut to force the app termination unconditionally. See AppTermination.
- App termination scripts with ExecuteAsRoot to choose how the run the scripts. See AppTermination.
- AppTermination → QuitShortcutIsEnabled not required anymore with default true value. See AppTermination.
- Scout updated to 1.3.0 to get a dictionary or array count. See API requests (VariableReadingPaths).
- Bad thread access when updating Jamf monitors while parsing the Jamf log that caused random crashes.
- Bad thread access when dealing with the variables updates that caused random crashes.
- Window shadow was not set with the "Simple" value for the OnScreen key.
Released on May 15, 2020
- App termination script now uses the Helper
- Checkboxes text now populated
- Monitors text now populated
- Flag to save the configuration passed as argument: --save
- Model (font, color, request) single parent log error improved
- Default config name now also searched in Managed Preferences
Released on April 1, 2020
- The window title can be populated
- Octory log is now named username-octory.log
- AppMonitor generated variables were not writting their first state
- The device placeholders now work for macOS < 10.15
- DisplayAlert actions were populated
Released on March 6, 2020
- Display a popover view from a button. See Button component. PRO
- Conditionally execute actions. See Actions. PRO
- Reload the interface by keeping variables values and controls states. See Admin menu
- New application and device placeholders. See Variables
- Possibility to choose the application configuration file with the command line. See Home
- Possibility to choose the application window OnScreen option with the command line. See Window configuration
- Possibility to hide navigation buttons for each slide. See Slides
- Window OnScreen new value MenuBar and bunch of new customizations. See Window configuration
- Possibility to use a parent style (font, color) with a single string when no overrides are needed. See Appearance
- Helper to execute a command with root privileges. See Helper. PRO
- Conditionally insert or remove components and monitors. See Conditions, Components and Monitors. PRO
- Specify an Input component percent width. See Input Components
- File monitoring with generated variables and optionally generate a variable for each app monitor. See Monitoring
- Reload the interface takes the monitors and navigation view into account. Thus, the monitors states are reset.
- The Justified text alignment value for a font has changed to Justify
- Button component required Style key added. See Button component
- Button component TextColor key has been changed to Color
- Termination sound has been moved to the Monitoring section, with new customizations.
- Window Minimum/Maximum height and width have changed for sizes. See Window configuration
- Some keys previously required are not required anymore and have a default value instead
- The placeholder FULL_USER_NAME has been changed for USER_FULL_NAME
- Checkboxes input variable format has changed from [variable]_[title] to [variable]-[checkbox index]. See Checkbox Input component
- Octory now waits for Workspace ONE (Airwatch) or Munki log files, then starts monitoring.
- Input variable now written in Octory’s variables and in the input file, without the need of a validation key
- Possibility to test empty strings with validation regular expression for a Text Input component
- Possibility to tab between Text Input component, unless the interface has been reloaded
- Image view infinite loop at image loading
- AppTermination scripts paths not populated
- The StyleConfigurableTextView and StyleConfigurableTextField would not listen to input variables updates
- It was not possible to quit even if no monitors were configured, or if all were already installed
Released on November 27, 2019
- Monitoring of the file /var/log/install.log to trigger the monitoring installing state for apps which are not downloaded directly into the /Applications folder with the .appdownload extension (like Microsoft’s apps)
- Regular expression to find a match in the Jamf log changed to add more flexibility
- The Previous button was appearing on sole slides when the “Finish” button was clicked, but the application was not terminated
- The Admin mode was not deactivated when specified so in the configuration
- Menu bar not always active at app launch
Released on October 30, 2019
- Initial release.